Friday, June 4, 2010

Q&A

"CHASING" INFO ABOUT T3 CARDS

Jacob poses the following:

Q:  "I have a Hal Chase NY baseball card. it appears to be a T3 Turkey Red card.  I've checked the card itself for any sign of it being a reproduction but I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be looking for.  All of the sites that I have been to have listed added features such as starbursts in the bottom corners or watermarks. The card itself has none of them. I was wondering if there was a good way to tell if this card was a reproduction or in fact one of the original cards."


(Image used from this site devoted to Hal Chase cards)

A:  Before I go into specifics, let me ask you one quick question...How big is the card?  If it's the same as a regular baseball card (you know, the ones we used to pull out of gum packs), it's not real.

Real T3s are MUCH larger and made on thicker cardboard.

PS:  Jacob's one-word response to this answer..."Nuts."

No comments:

Post a Comment