Friday, August 24, 2012

Q&A -- Gus Triandos Card

Today's question comes to me through my position in OBC as the "card identification guy":

Q:

"I have a Gus Triandos card with plain cardboard back done by Post the year is 1961. I have never seen a card like this. Do you have any info on this card?"



(There was no scan with the email, so I cribbed this image from the Orioles Card "O" the Day blog. Hope that's OK, Kevin.)


A:

Post cereal placed cards on the backs of various cereal boxes in the early 1960s. If your year shown on the card is 1961, then it's the 1962 Post set that your Triandos card is from. He is featured on card #33 in that set, and #69 in the '61 set. Here's a link to an explanation of the set, as well as a neat TV commercial about them.


Here's the link to the other Post set checklists, if you've never seen this type of card before.

No comments:

Post a Comment