Friday, June 3, 2011

Q&A

A visitor to my website who lives in Pennsylvania sent this one:

Q:

"I have an old item with Three-Finger Brown's photo on it.  It just says,  Brown, Chicago on it.  It is about 1 1/4 inch square on heavy cardboard and  appears to have been cut out from a candy box etc.  The item was  returned by PSA a few years ago and I was told it was not gradable but didn't give a reason.  I  am attaching a scan of it for you to see and wondered if you  could give me  any information on this item?"



A:

Your card looks like it's from a set issued in 1907. It's a "strip card" known to the hobby as W555. Truthfully, I haven't seen a whole lot of these, but a great place to start would be the Old Cardboard website's description of the set. It mentions that an "average" card would sell for $35 in VG condition, but Brown is a Hall of Fame player and should sell for more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment